Assam Career: Teaching Associates in the Department of Political Science and a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the Department of Mathematics at Gauhati University, Assam. Here are the key details for each position:
Table of Contents
Assam Career Gauhati University Recruitment 2023: ৰাজনীতি বিজ্ঞান বিভাগৰ শিক্ষক সহযোগী আৰু কনিষ্ঠ গৱেষক ফেলো
- Teaching Associate in the Department of Political Science:
- Number of Posts: 2
- Qualification: Candidates should have an M.A. degree in Political Science as per UGC norms.
- Salary: Rs. 27,000/- per month
- Selection Procedure: A walk-in-interview will be conducted on 28th July 2023 at 11 AM in the Conference Room, Office of the Secretary, University Classes, Gauhati University Campus, Gauhati University.
- Junior Research Fellow in the Department of Mathematics:
- Number of Posts: 1
- Name of the Project: Characterization & Stability of Multivariate Mappings
- Qualification: Candidates should have an MSc or equivalent degree in Mathematics with a consistently good academic record (minimum 55% marks or equivalent CGPA) and should have qualified NET or possess a valid GATE score. Knowledge in MATLAB / Mathematics is desirable.
- Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- per month (consolidated) for the first two years and Rs. 35,000/- per month (consolidated) for the third year (excluding HRA if applicable).
- How to apply: For the JRF position, candidates need to submit their applications, along with an updated curriculum vitae (CV) and self-attested copies of necessary documents, either by post to Dr. Hemen Dutta (Principal Investigator), Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014, Assam, or by email to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for receipt of applications is 30th July 2023.
How many departments are there in Guwahati University?
Started functioning as an affiliating, teaching and residential university in a few temporary buildings in Guwahati with 18 affiliated colleges and eight PG Departments; today, it functions with 341 affiliated colleges along with 39 PG Departments.
What is the role of the head of the math department?
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the successful delivery of the teaching of Maths, ensuring all pupils consistently fulfil their academic potential, whilst being inspired by Maths.
Who is the head of Gauhati University?
Shri Gulab Chand Kataria
Shri Gulab Chand Kataria. Gulab Chand Kataria is the 31st Governor of Assam and the Chancellor of Gauhati University, who assumed his office on 22nd February.
What are UG courses in Gauhati University?
Gauhati University offers courses at UG (BA LLB, LLB, B.Tech, etc.), PG (M.Sc Zoology, MA Arabic, M.Com, M.Tech Information and Technology, M.Sc, MA, etc.), and Doctoral level. The admission process is conducted online. Interested students must visit @admission.guwahaticollege.org.in to start their application process.
What is the rank of Gauhati University in NIRF?
Rankings. Internationally, the QS World University Rankings ranked Gauhati University in the 601–650 band in Asia in 2023. In India, the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Gauhati University 64 overall in 2022 and 36 among universities.
Which is the first girls university in Assam?
It was established by the Assam Women’s University Act, 2013 (XXII of 2013) by the Assam Government. It is the first women’s university in Assam.
What is mathematics department?
Definitions of department of mathematics. the academic department responsible for teaching and research in mathematics. synonyms: mathematics department. type of: academic department. a division of a school that is responsible for a given subject.
Who is known as the father of mathematics?
A Greek mathematician Archimedes is known as the Father of Mathematics. He is considered the Father of Mathematics for his significant contribution to the development of mathematics. Notable inventions of Archimedes are: The calculation of measurement of a circle.
Who is responsible for math?
Unlike a light bulb or a computer, mathematics isn’t really an invention. It’s really more of a discovery. Mathematics encompasses many different types of studies, so its discovery can’t even be attributed to one person. Instead, mathematics developed slowly over thousands of years with the help of thousands of people!
What is the salary of Gauhati University?
Employees who graduate from Gauhati University earn an average of ₹22lakhs, mostly ranging from ₹16lakhs to ₹65lakhs based on 76 profiles.