Gauhati University Assam invites applications from enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) on a contractual basis. This position is available under a prestigious research project sponsored by the “National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM),” a distinguished body operating under the “Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.”
Table of Contents
Project Overview: The JRF position offers a unique opportunity to be involved in a three-year research project focused on “Characterization and Stability of Multivariate Mappings.” This project, situated within the esteemed Department of Mathematics at Gauhati University, promises to provide a platform for individuals dedicated to advancing the realm of mathematical understanding.
- Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Number of Vacancies: 01
- Rs. 31,000/- per month (consolidated) for the first two years
- Rs. 35,000/- per month (consolidated) for the third year (House Rent Allowance not included)
- Candidates should hold an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Mathematics with a consistently commendable academic record (minimum 55% marks or equivalent CGPA).
- A NET qualification or a valid GATE score is required.
- Desirable: Proficiency in MATLAB and a strong foundation in Mathematics.
- Candidates who have previously applied in response to the advertisement with Memo No. GU/UGC/NBHM (R. P)/H. Dutta/Mathematics/1/20231521-25 dated 19/07/2023 need not reapply.
- Applications should include a detailed CV with email address and mobile number, along with self-attested photocopies of essential documents such as mark sheets, degree certificates, NET/GATE certificate, and other relevant documents.
- Applications must reach the Principal Investigator within 10 days from the publication of this advertisement.
Submission Options: Candidates can choose to submit their applications via Post or Email (preferred) to the following address: Dr. Hemen Dutta (Principal Investigator) Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014, Assam Emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the interview date via email.
- No travel allowance or daily allowance will be provided for interview attendance.
- Original certificates/testimonials are required during the interview.
- The selected candidate will need to join immediately upon receipt of the offer letter.
- The selected candidate’s tenure will be up to a maximum of 03 (three) years or the project’s completion, whichever is earlier.
- All terms and conditions will align with the guidelines of DAE-NBHM, Government of India, and Gauhati University.
Detailed Advertisement : Click Here
1. What is the position being advertised?
This job opening is for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at Gauhati University in Assam. The JRF will be part of a research project focused on “Characterization and Stability of Multivariate Mappings,” sponsored by the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
2. How many vacancies are available for the JRF position?
There is one vacancy available for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position.
3. What is the fellowship amount for the JRF position?
The fellowship amount for the JRF position is as follows:
Rs. 31,000/- per month (consolidated) for the first two years
Rs. 35,000/- per month (consolidated) for the third year (Excluding House Rent Allowance, if applicable)
4. What are the minimum qualifications required for this position?
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Mathematics with a consistently good academic record (minimum 55% marks or equivalent CGPA).
Candidates should possess a NET qualification or a valid GATE score.
5. Is knowledge of MATLAB and Mathematics necessary for this position?
Yes, knowledge in MATLAB and Mathematics is desirable for this position.
6. How should interested candidates apply for this position?
Interested candidates should follow these steps to apply:
Send their applications along with a detailed CV that includes their email id, mobile number, and other relevant information.
Attach self-attested photocopies of necessary documents, including mark sheets, degree certificates, NET/GATE certificate, and other relevant documents.
The application should be submitted on or before 3rd September 2023.
7. Where should the applications be submitted?
The applications should be sent to the relevant address provided by Gauhati University. Specific details about the submission process may be available in the official notification.
8. What is the deadline for submitting applications?
The deadline for submitting applications is 3rd September 2023.
9. Is there any provision for House Rent Allowance (HRA)?
The fellowship amount mentioned does not include House Rent Allowance (HRA). Whether HRA is applicable or not may depend on the university’s policy or other factors.
10. Is there any preference for candidates with specific research interests?
The job description does not mention any specific research interests, but the focus of the research project is on “Characterization and Stability of Multivariate Mappings.”