Assam Career :Ujani Majuli Kherkatia (UMK) College in Assam is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Political Science. Here are the details:
Table of Contents
Assam Career Ujani Majuli Kherkatia College Recruitment 2023:Apply for Assistant Professor
- Name of Post: Assistant Professor in Political Science
- Number of Posts: 1
- Candidates must have the latest UGC norms with NET/SLET/SET or a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC Regulation, 2009. However, candidates who obtained an off-campus Ph.D. degree are not eligible.
- Educational qualifications and selection procedures will follow the Government Office Memorandum No. AHE.239/2021/68 dated 24.01.2022.
- Candidates must acquire the required qualifications as of the last date for submitting applications. Eligibility criteria such as M.Phil./Ph.D./Seminar Papers/Publications can be acquired and submitted on the date of the interview but not beyond.
- The pay scale for the Assistant Professor position will be as per the revised UGC scale of pay, ranging from Rs. 57,700/- to Rs. 1,82,400/- per month, along with allowances admissible under the rules.
- The upper age limit for candidates is 38 years as of 1st January 2023, in accordance with Government Rules.
- Candidates should send their applications in the prescribed format, which is available on the Directorate of Higher Education, Assam’s website.
- The application must include relevant documents and a Demand Draft of Rs. 1500/- drawn in favor of the Principal, Ujani Majuli Kherkatia College.
- The applications should reach the Principal & Secretary, Ujani Majuli Kherkatia College, P.O.- Ratanpur, Miri Dist., Majuli, Assam-785105 by July 15, 2023.
- Candidates may also send a soft copy of the advance application forms to the college email firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting documents.
- In such cases, candidates must deposit the required amount of Rs. 1500/-.
Detailed Advertisement : Click Here
What is the religion of Majuli?
Majuli has a sex ratio of 955 females per 1000 males. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes make up 23,878 (14.27%) and 77,603 (46.38%) of the population. Hinduism is the predominant religion, practiced by 99.04% of the population. Majuli is famous throughout Assam for its large number of Satras.
What is the literacy rate of Majuli?
The total literacy rate of Majuli Circle is 78.56%.
The male literacy rate is 74.76% and the female literacy rate is 61.34% in Majuli Circle.
What is the population of Majuli Assam?
Population of Majuli
Majuli is Block in Assam state, Majuli Block population in 2023 is 129,963. According to 2011 census of India, Total Majuli population is 98,457 people are living in this Block, of which 50,585 are male and 47,872 are female. Majuli population estimated to be 126,025 in 2022.
What is the land area and population of Majuli according to 2011 census?
Majuli is a Taluk located in Jorhat district of Assam. It is one of 6 Taluks of Jorhat district. There are 248 villages and 0 towns in Majuli Taluk. As per the Census India 2011, Majuli Taluk has 32236 households, population of 167304 of which 85566 are males and 81738 are females.
Which is the 1st religion of Assam?
Hinduism is the first largest religious affiliation in Assam with around 55% of the residents being it’s followers as of 2021 census, down from the previous decade of 61.5% in 2011.
Which is the largest religion in Assam?
Why is Majuli famous?
Majuli. With a total area of 352 square kilometres (136 square miles), “Majuli” is the world’s largest river island and it attracts tourists from all over the world. It is an island in the Brahmaputra River, Assam and in 2016 it became the first island to be made a district in India.
Is Majuli a world Heritage Site?
River Island of Majuli in midstream of Brahmaputra River in Assam – UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
Which is the 1st World Heritage Site?
This is a list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites around the world by year of inscription, selected during the annual sessions of the World Heritage Committee. The first World Heritage Site in the list is the Galápagos Islands.
Which is India’s first World Heritage Site?
Ahmedabad was in the race for the prestigious UNESCO title along with Delhi and Mumbai. Ahmedabad’s Bhadra Fort. More than 600 year old Walled City of Ahmedabad founded by Ahmed Shah has been declared India’s first World Heritage City, recognising heritage value of the walled city’s unique heritage.
Which is the largest heritage site?
Stroll around the streets in the immense historical town centre of Cordoba. Investigate the monuments, the little corners and the famous patios of this ancient city declared a World Heritage Site.
What is the flora of Majuli?
About 139 plant families, 505 genera and 692 species of flowering plants are found in Majuli island and the predominant families are Poacea, Asteraceae, Euphorbiaceae, Cyperaceae, Solanaceae, Malvaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Acanthaceae and Convolvulaceae7.
Which is the first World Heritage Site in Assam?
In the heart of Assam, this park is one of the last areas in eastern India undisturbed by a human presence. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses, as well as many mammals, including tigers, elephants, panthers and bears, and thousands of birds.