Dated:16th day of July, 2021
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT & SESSIONS JUDGE -CUM- CHAIRMAN, DISTRICT LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, KAMRUP (M), GUWAHATI
As per approval of the Hon’ble Executive Chairman, Assam State Legal Services Authority, Guwahati applications are invited from the intending candidates in the standard form as published in part IX of the Assam Gazette for filling up of the following posts on contractual basis under the establishment of the District Legal Services Authority, Kamrup (M), Guwahati, Assam within 15 (Fifteen) days from the date of publication of this advertisement. The details of the Post are as follows:
Name of the Post
No. of Post
Age limit (As on 01.01.2021)
Educational Qualification ( As Per the Scheme )
Consolidated Pay (per month)
Chief Legal Aid Defence Counsel
Not less than 35 years
L.L.B. along with practice in Criminal Law for at least 10 (Ten) years
₹. 50,000/- to ₹ 75,000/-
Deputy Chief Legal Aid Defence Counsel
Not less than 35 years
L.L.B. along with practice in Criminal Law for at least 7 (Seven) years
₹ 30,000/- to ₹ 60,000/-
Assistant Legal Aid Defence Counsel
Not less than 30 years
L.L.B. along with practice in Criminal Law for at least 3 (Three) years
₹ 20,000/- to ₹ 40,000/-
18 years to 40 years (Relaxation as per Govt. rules)
Graduation along with a six (06) months diploma/Certificate in computer with proficiency in MS Office, Internet & email. Typing speed of 40 wpm is desirable.
₹ 15,000/- to ₹ 25,000/-
Receptionist -cum- Data Entry Operator
Graduation along with a six (06) months diploma/Certificate in computer with proficiency in MS Office, Internet & email as well as Computer Hardware operation.
₹15,000/- to ₹ 25,000/-
Class 10th passed
General terms and conditions: 1. Candidates must be an Indian citizen as defined in the Article 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India.
2. The appointment shall be purely temporary and on contract basis and does not entitle the person being to be regularized in Govt. service.
3. After expiry of the contract period of 02 (Two) years maximum, the contractual agreement will automatically stand terminated unless renewed by the competent authority.
4. The service may be extended after appropriate break in service, subject to the approval of the Hon’ble Executive Chairman, Assam State Legal Services Authority, Guwahati.
5. Duly filled applications on Standard Form of application (Assam Gazette Part IX) along with self attested photocopies of all the relevant testimonials and 2 (Two) copies of recent Passport size photographs should be addressed to The Secretary, District Legal Services Authority,Kamrup (M), District and Sessions Judge’s Court Campus, Panbazar, Guwahati-01. The name of the post should clearly be mentioned at the top of the envelop. Providing of contact numbers with e-mail Id are compulsory.
6. Applications will be received in the office of the DLSA, Kamrup(M) till 4 P. M or by post on all working days within 15 days from the date of publication of this Advertisement.
7. Application received after the last date of submission will be rejected. The undersigned shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
8. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected without assigning any reason.
9. The undersigned reserves the right to cancel the advertisement and to modify any terms and conditions mentioned in this advertisement.
10. List of eligible candidates, date, time and venue and mode for conducting the selection procedure will be published in the Official website of DLSA, Kamrup (M) i.e. www.kamrupjudiciary.gov.in.
11. The full details of the Qualification, Nature of Work Profile, Service tenure, Code of Ethics and other service related aspects can be perused from the LEGAL AID DEFENSE COUNSEL SYSTEM SCHEME which is available in the official website of the Kamrup Judiciary as mentioned in Sl No-10.
12. No individual call letters will be issued to the candidates. Candidates are requested to visit the given website (www.kamrupjudiciary.gov.in.) regularly for further information and for updates.